Laser hair removal is one of the most advanced methods of hair removal that helps you get rid of unwanted hair for several months and years. In this method, an intense pulsating beam of light is passed through the skin targeting dark pigment, called melanin, in hair. The heat is connected down to the hair follicle so that it is destroyed and the growth of new hair is prevented. This sophisticated method of hair removal should be conducted by an experienced dermatologist or a technician. Adequate caution needs to be taken to avoid any damage to the skin.
Laser hair removal – At salon or at home?
The science of laser technology has advanced considerably. Today, sophisticated devices such as Rio Scan Laser are available that offer you the convenience to get laser hair removal at home. These home use laser hair removal devices utilize the same technology as used by the professionals but the laser beam is moderate to make it safe for home use.
These days, many people prefer to buy home-use laser hair removal devices as the cost of professional laser hair removal is very high. Beside, one needs to go for several sessions to get effective results. While in the case of home-use laser hair removal device, you need to make just one-time investment. The machine can be used to laser treat hair on various areas of the body without additional expenses. Further, many people are related to allow technicians to conduct hair removal on their private parts. Home-use laser devices on the other hand, allow you to remove hair from any part of the body including bikini line in the comfort and privacy of your home.
Tips on laser hair removal
Given below are some important points that you must always keep in mind before going for laser hair removal:
– Laser hair removal work best on people with light skin and dark hair
– Laser treatment may not be as effective if you have light colored hair and a dark skin
– It requires multiple sessions to get optimum results of laser treatment
– You may experience some discomfort during the process
– Laser treatment does not offer permanent results, there is a likelihood of re-growth after several months or even years
– If you have a tan, or if you have used tanning products you must wait until the tan fades before starting the treatment
– If you are going for laser hair removal services, you should check on the efficiency of the doctor, equipments and services, and do a skin test
– Ensure all precautions are taken during the laser treatment such as application of a layer of protective cream over the skin or use of eye goggles
Comparison of laser treatment with electrolysis and IPL Method
Laser treatment, electrolysis and IPL are considered to be the most advanced methods of permanent removal of hair. Of the 3 methods, laser therapy is most popular method of removing hair. However, all the 3 methods have their own limitations and advantages. You may take help of your beauty expert to determine which one of these will be more suitable for you.
Of the 3 methods, electrolysis is the oldest. It is highly effective and considered the only method that offers permanent removal of hair while laser therapy only offers permanent hair reduction. The biggest drawback of electrolysis hair treatment is that it is a time consuming and painful procedure.
On the other hand, laser therapy and IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) technology are considered somewhat similar. People have different opinions as to which is the best out of the 2. The biggest advantage of IPL process is that it is cheaper and works much faster than laser treatment. Further, IPL is effective on patients of all skin and hair colors except those with white hair. While laser works best on people with light skin and dark hair.
Although IPL and laser use the same concept of selective photothermolysis to get the hair removal done, IPL devices are more difficult to operate than lasers are. They also require a very experienced and skilled technician to operate them. Laser treatment is comparatively easier to conduct. Today, there are devices that can effectively be used at home.